Over the last decade, I've had the privilege of designing and facilitating education programs for a wide variety of clients, including the NYC Department of Education, Johns Hopkins University, Teach for America, rag & bone, the US Department of Agriculture, Sandy Hook Promise, the Lower East Side Tenement Museum, 350.org, and a variety of schools and universities.
My approach is topic-agnostic, focusing on building participants' self awareness and mastery of key concepts through interactive and culturally relevant pedagogy. However, my subject specializations include:
- Beyond Diversity & Inclusion: reimagining organizations' approach to creating cultures where people of all identities can thrive and collaborate.
- K-12 Academic Subjects: Social Studies, History, Government (grades 6-12)
- Soft-Skill Development: social emotional learning, conflict resolution, mindfulness & meditation, navigating difficult conversations, leadership development.
- Other: LGBTQ competency & transgender inclusion, food justice & environmental science, and sexuality education.
Read on for details on some of my most recent & relevant experience.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION TRAINER AND CONSULTANT
2011 - Present
- Design and facilitate interactive, empathetic, and supportive diversity & inclusion trainings and consulting initiatives for organizations of all sizes.
- Develop and refine an approach that focuses on building empathy and connection across all identities, which gives people the tools to achieve their shared goals together.
HEAD OF CURRICULUM & TRAINING | Translator
- Oversaw the creation and implementation of Translator’s diversity & inclusion training and consulting programs for Fortune 500 companies.
- Conducted discovery, defined requirements, designed highly customized programs, and facilitated interactive trainings.
- Provided clients with ongoing strategic guidance on recruiting a diverse workforce, building inclusive and authentic cultures, and ensuring high employee engagement and productivity.
- Collaborated with CEO and COO to develop the product vision, and worked closely with subject matter experts to align content with the latest research on empathy and difference.
EDUCATION MANAGER | CarrotNewYork
March 2015 - January 2017
- Led the development and implementation of customized education programs for government, corporate, and non-profit clients.
- Gathered project requirements, articulated learning objectives, and developed project plans to ensure timely and effective delivery. Created original course content, scenarios, interactive projects, learner assessments, and facilitator guides.
- Recruited subject matter experts and integrated their feedback to refine curriculum content.
- Collaborated with design and marketing teams to create effective outreach strategies.
- Conducted detailed quality assurance for programs developed by other team members.
INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER & CURRICULUM DEVELOPER | Edgenuity; Apex Learning
November 2013 - February 2017
- Designed and built instructional content for online courses and virtual instructor-led delivery.
- Ensured achievement of defined learning objectives and alignment with state and national curriculum standards for Grades 6-12 Social Studies and History.
- Provided recommendations regarding instructional delivery options and assessment strategies, resulting in the implementation of pedagogically sound programs.
FACULTY | Sadie Nash Leadership Project
July 2014 - January 2017
- Designed and facilitated original curricula in a program that strengthens and equips young women to serve as powerful leaders in their communities.
- Led the development and implementation of a new middle school curriculum, including defining learning objectives, designing 8 months of weekly classes, integrating subject matter expert input, creating student assessments and teacher guides, and overseeing a team of pilot teachers.
- Created and taught an original summer-long high school course: From ‘Act Up’ to ‘I Do’ and Beyond: The History & Future of the LGBT Rights Movement.
CURRICULUM CONSULTANT | Resilience Advocacy Project
September 2014 - May 2015
- Transformed and expanded RAP’s youth leadership development curricula into a 10-week program that has been facilitated in dozens of schools and community centers.
- Developed new content and instructional approaches to increase engagement & retention.
- Designed additional curriculum adaptions to train youth engaged in transactional sex as peer health advocates in their communities.
- Provided strategic guidance on the recruitment and training of program facilitators.
EDUCATOR | New York Historical Society; Lower East Side Tenement Museum
- Led interactive, hands-on museum programs for K-12 students and adults.
- Demonstrated excellent mastery of public speaking, storytelling skills, and facilitation strategies for a wide range of ages and backgrounds.
- Facilitated visitors’ critical engagement with history and led discussions about historical connections to contemporary social issues.